Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ATT modem causing issues with AE

I Have spent too many hours trying to get this to work and have resorted back to Linksys router -feel defeated. New modem came with network password? I do not have to do anything when connecting to Linksys? Just hook it up and Internet ! AE connected after numerous try's and the iPhone and iPad would say connect but had no wifi signal. DSL modem by the way. Reset it many time and started over. Now I think it is the modem and something to do. With PPoE? I have my user name which is email and email password and network password ISP gave me! When I did get connect my MacBook gave me IP address error?

IF this make any sense please help me!

Karen

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:12 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 2:29 PM in response to kbbeck

What is the actual make and model of the modem?

What is the model of the AE.. A1xxx from the base please?

How is the modem working.. you seem to indicate it is bridged?

That means the router must perform PPPOE on the WAN to connect using the ISP username and password supplied to authenticate the connection. (your email username and password can be the same or different depending on ISP).

Anyway.. My experience is that the apple airports are unreliable during PPPOE. It is much more complicated than apple think and they have provided no settings you can adjust.. so for some people it works fine.. for some not at all and for some it is just poor and unreliable.

If the AE is not usable either return it and request money back since it is unsuitable for the use manufacturer said it was.. or use it in bridge with the modem handling router duties.

New ATT modem causing issues with AE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.