Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Errors

Recently, I got a new laptop and so I have the latest version of Windows 8. After installing iTunes and plugging in my iPhone it says, "The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)" I've tried uninstalling and then re-installing iTunes onto my computer, but it is not working. I have no clue how to fix it even after trying to change the security settings for it. i even try running it as administrator but still no difference. If I restore my iPhone will it fix the problem? I really don't want to restore my phone but will if I have to. It works perfectly fine for my 4th generation iPod touch, but not for my iPhone 6.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:58 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 12:45 AM in response to Zayna23

This is one of the most "fresh" issues with the new iOS+iTunes.

It happened to 3 devices of mine on two different computers and luckily all I had to do is reset sync services on both of my computers.

Follow this and hopefully you'll resolve this, too:

Troubleshooting Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010 - Apple Support

iTunes Errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.