Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my ringtones syncing?

So I bought a ringtone on my iPad mini and I recently bought an iPhone 6, but it says I hadn't purchased it when I lookEd for it on iTunes. I don't know why my iPad and iPhone wouldn't sync?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:17 PM

You have to transfer the purchase from the iPad to your iTunes library, then you can sync the ringtone from there. You have to make sure that you have selected Tones in iTunes when syncing. It will not show up in purchases, because you can only purchase once, but to use on multiple devices, you have to transfer it to your iTunes library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 7:17 PM in response to spgilley

You have to transfer the purchase from the iPad to your iTunes library, then you can sync the ringtone from there. You have to make sure that you have selected Tones in iTunes when syncing. It will not show up in purchases, because you can only purchase once, but to use on multiple devices, you have to transfer it to your iTunes library.

Why aren't my ringtones syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.