Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone was stolen last night and I'm trying to recover all my photos from that phone and get them on my mac laptop. The iCloud photo stream only imported 1,000 photos from my stolen phone. How can I retrieve all of my other photos?

my iPhone was stolen last night and I'm trying to recover all my photos from that phone and get them on my mac laptop. The iCloud photo stream only imported 1,000 photos from my stolen phone. How can I retrieve all of my other photos?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:09 PM

9 replies

Mar 29, 2015 9:12 PM in response to mesinisi

Photo Stream in the Cloud only keeps the last 30 days or 1000 photos, whichever comes first. So, you have retrieved all of the Photos from Photo Stream that you are going to be able to get. Do you have an iCloud backup of the device? If you do, then you can restore that backup to another iOS device running the same iOS or higher, and you will be able to retrieve your Camera Roll photos.

If you have not been importing your photos to your computer, then that would be all you would be able to retrieve from the stolen device.

Sorry,

GB

Mar 29, 2015 9:58 PM in response to mesinisi

You have to reset the device to Factory Settings in order to restore it from an iCloud backup. You probably want to back it up as is before you do this.

To do the reset after you have backed up the current device, go to Settings>Reset>Reset all Content & Settings. This will erase the device. If you are signed onto iCloud with Find My iPhone turned on, go to Settings>iCloud and scroll to the bottom to sign out of iCloud before you do the reset.

Once you have reset your device, you will set it up like a new phone. When it asks if you want to restore it from an iCloud backup, select the backup you want to restore it from.

Cheers,

GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.