Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with some synced songs

I have a typical iTunes library - mixture of a lifetime's worth of music ripped from CDs as well as individual tracks purchased from iTunes.

I have a 32 GB iPhone 5 on Verizon. My contract is up, and I could upgrade to a 6 or 6+, but I'm doing just fine with the 5, so I'd rather wait until I have a reason to upgrade. I use a Macbook Pro, but my library was on a PC until about 5 months ago - the problem started maybe a month ago, so I don't think it has anything to do with my switch from PC to Mac.

Some time recently, I started having a strange problem.

This only happens on some songs, and it doesn't matter if they are songs that I purchased through iTunes, or if they are songs I ripped off one of my CDs - it seems to happen to a few of them - but not all.

I'll play a song, and 10 or so seconds in, the song will either stop playing, or it'll start playing another song - while the iPhone still indicates it's playing the song that 'stopped'.

Example

I play Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynrd

It plays 10 seconds of Free Bird

It stops playing Free Bird, and starts playing the next track alphabetically, Free Fallin by Tom Petty. But, the screen still shows the album artwork for Free Bird, and the iPhone still says on the screen that it's playing Free Bird.

Some songs, it just stops playing music and plays dead air for the remainder of time left in the problem song, and then moves to the next song.

I've tried

-removing all music from my iPhone and re-syncing

-A complete factory restore, then restoring the backup of my phone

This is rather annoying to me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:00 PM

1 reply

Problems with some synced songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.