Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google to Bing

I am using a Macbook Pro 15' mid 2012. I am currently running OS X 10.10.2 and the current version of my safari is 8.0.4. Recently my safari have been running on Bing as my search engine instead of Google. The safari preferences under the search engine is set as Google but as soon as i search something on my Url, it automatically moves to Bing and not only that, pop up ads will just appear in safari. I have tried changing the settings for my homepage but as i reopen safari, Bing appears as the homepage of safari. It's annoying and i want to get back the default settings that Apple have given to me when i first launch my safari on my mac. Thanks.

iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:34 PM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 1:36 AM in response to DerrickLimMP

The problem may involve some of the items mentioned here:

•Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

Other items such as browser re-directs, Safari or other browser extension issues, add-ons or

other related problems may be resolved by study & research, in sites that offer methods of

identifying and removing their causes. The above link should help you disable Safari problem.

•Tech Guides (malware, adware, performance)

http://www.thesafemac.com/tech-guides/

Check the information within the sections of tech guides to see what you have & how to remove it.

There are methods on how to remove adware, malware; also there are somewhat automated ways

that can help remove adware problems. In addition to Adware Removal Guide, see adware medic.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Google to Bing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.