Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod works but screen stays black?

Alright so here's the long version of what happened: my iPod was accidentally half-submerged in water (my water bottle spilled in the bag the iPod was in). I dried it off completely and pressed the Home button and the iPod came back on/worked fine. But when I plugged in earbuds it stopped working. Or so I thought. I've realized that the iPod itself still works (it can sync, it makes keyboard clicks when I manage to get to what I assume is the passcode screen) but the screen stays black.

Short version: iPod still works but the screen stays black. What should I do?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:03 PM

If there water in iPod, switching it on is a bad thing. You should put it in bag with silica (or dry rice) for at least a week.

You maybe lucky, if not, make an appointment with Apple genius for an Out of Warranty replacement for a fee.

1 reply

iPod works but screen stays black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.