Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to overclock macbook pro 13 with retina early 2015 model

I just would like to know how you can overclock the macbook pro early 2015 model. Simple instructions are welcome....Thanks. Oh and yes, I'm new to Mac but I have all other apple products. Just first MacBook. Just curious if its possible to do...Thanks!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:26 PM

Yes, it happens automatically and only when the CPU has been taxed to its normal limit or if you are using software written to turn Turbo-Boost on. Furthermore, there are specific CPUs that Intel makes that have been unlocked for overclocking. But these are not used in most laptops, and not in any that Apple makes.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2015 8:26 PM in response to Lisabeatty32

Yes, it happens automatically and only when the CPU has been taxed to its normal limit or if you are using software written to turn Turbo-Boost on. Furthermore, there are specific CPUs that Intel makes that have been unlocked for overclocking. But these are not used in most laptops, and not in any that Apple makes.

How to overclock macbook pro 13 with retina early 2015 model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.