Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to share a video from iMovie, it tells me that it cannot export while it's still referencing media from the camera.

I've already imported the video's into iMovie, but when I try to share it to youtube, I get this message: "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera." When I eject the sd card, only some of the clip disappear and I'm left with a image that say "Missing Camera". How do I get this to stop happening?

I'm running Yosemite version 10.10.2 and iMovie version 10.0.7

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:41 PM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2015 1:09 PM in response to EmilyAnzalone

Hello EmilyAnzalone,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post it appears that the content has not yet finished importing to your iMovie Library. When importing content to iMovie, you'll see a status circle in the top right corner, and clicking on it will show you the estimated time remaining on the process. As long as the content still exists on your SD card, I'd like you to remove the clips from iMovie, and then attempt the import again.

iMovie (2013): Import media on your computer

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Apr 2, 2015 1:06 AM in response to EmilyAnzalone

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. When I import, I sees the circle showing the progress, when it is done, the circle become a small camera icon and when I mouse over it it tells me the media is always on the camera and I need to go to the "File" menu and select: "reimport from the camera/ archived", but this function doesn't exist in the file menu ???

Any advices?

Thanks

When I try to share a video from iMovie, it tells me that it cannot export while it's still referencing media from the camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.