Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPhone 5c display keeps freezing and having stripped lines or goes black. I must wait a while for it to work again. Any solutions or suggestions?

My IPhone 5c seems to freeze. When this happens there are black lines going either horizontal or vertical. I press the lock screen button and when i do this once more the screen goes to a bright black screen. Occasionally the screen goes completely white and I leave it alone at this point to let it lock itself. Then I press the lock button once more and it seems fine. I've tried taking pictures of the horizontal lines but when I go to check it it's as if the screen was normal. Does any one have an solutions or suggestions? It is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:17 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 9:21 PM in response to BlueSusie

It sounds as if the display is failing. This is supported by your saying the screenshot looks normal. The screenshot is created by using the actual video feed for the display, so if it is looking normal and the screen is not, I suspect the screen.

You could try restoring the device as new and see if it comes back, but you are probably better of making a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to have the hardware checked. Good luck.

My IPhone 5c display keeps freezing and having stripped lines or goes black. I must wait a while for it to work again. Any solutions or suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.