Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Artist Name Doesn't Transfer to iPhone

Hey everyone. I'm using an iPhone 5S, newest firmware, iTunes totally up to date on Mac. I had an issue where I had to delete all my songs on my phone, and put everything back on. After doing that, I noticed that a lot of songs I have aren't keeping the name of the artist that I've given the song, but instead reverting back to what iTunes store gives it. For Example, I buy a lot of video game soundtracks from iTunes. I rename all of the artists names to "Video Games" so they'll be sorted all together so they can all be easily found. So the composer for the Assassin's Creed soundtrack is Jesper Kid, but I change it to "Video Games". Prior to this incident all of them were listed as Video Games as the artist in iTunes and on my phone library. They have all now reverted back to Jesper Kid as the artist in my phone. However, in iTunes under the artist column, they are all still listed as video games, but when I move them to the phone, they don't stay Video Games and turn back into Jesper Kid. In the sorta options for every song, it's all listed to sort as "Video Games", Jesper Kid isn't listed anywhere in the sorting. Does anyone know why it's doing this? Are there any settings that I would need to change where the internet might change it back? If anyone knows anything please let me know, this is quite annoying and I've been doing it like this for years and I've never had this problem. Thanks a lot.

Jason

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 9:44 PM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2015 11:33 AM in response to mrmet2087

I tried various steps. I like to purchase songs on iTunes on my home computer, then I use the cord to sync the songs to my iPhone.

1. I tried to delete the problem songs by just deleting the song, then went to the iTunes Store app, went to More, then Purchased, then Music, and then found the songs with the cloud icon, to redownload them. I still had the same issue with artist name not appearing correctly.

2. I then tried to delete my entire music by going to Music app, then Artists, then Delete. I then had no music. I then went back to the iTunes Store app, went to More, then Purchased, then Music, and then found all the songs with the cloud icon to redownload them. That still didn't work.

3. I then tried to delete my entire music by going to the Music app, then Artists, then Delete. I then had no music. I then went home to hook up my iPhone 5C to my home computer to download music to my iPhone and still had the same issues.

4. I then went to Settings, General, Reset, then Erase All Content and Settings or Reset Network Settings to make the iPhone like new again. That meant I had to add in my hotmail account again, set up my alarms again, and then resync my iPhone back to the computer. I still had the same issues.

So here are the problem songs.

This is what SHOULD appear on my iPhone.

1. Bailando por el Mundo (Juan Magan, El Cata & Pitbull) The King Of Dance (Bonus Track Version)
2. Como Yo (Juan Magan & Buxxi) The King Of Dance (Bonus Track Version)
3. Danza Kuduro (feat.Lucenzo) (Don Omar & Lucenzo) Meet The Orphans (Deluxe Edition)
4. No Sigue Modas a.k.A Ella No Sigue Modas (Don Omar & Juan Magan) Don Omar Presents MTO2-New Generation
5. Nota de Amor (feat. Daddy Yankee) Wisin & Carlos Vives Nota de Amor (feat. Daddy Yankee)-Single
6. Time of Our Lives (Pitbull & Ne-Yo) Globalization

For those problem songs I have in bold, on my iPhone it shows up as

You can see that the & (artists name) are all missing.

1. Juan Magan

2. Juan Magan

3. Don Omar

4. Don Omar

5. Wisin

6. Pitbull

The thing is I downloaded these songs at least from last year till maybe late Feb. So these 6 songs had no issues. I didn't notice the issue till Wed, March 25 when I happened to see that Time of Our Lives song mysteriously dropped the & Ne-Yo on my iPhone. There has been MANY issues with others iPhone users.

Anna

iTunes Artist Name Doesn't Transfer to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.