Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remotely (via app) disconnect or throttle the speed of my guest network?

I have family and friends that use a lot of bandwidth that interferes with my viewing of netflix and other task, Can I disconnect or throttle the speed of my guest network on a 5th or 6th generation Airport Extreme?

Thanks

iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:44 AM

No, such controls are well outside what apple routers can manage.

Relegate the apple router to WAP and get a WNDR3800 from ebay for a few dollars or anything on the gargoyle firmware list..

I recommend the Dlink DIR-835 as good alternative.. but there are plenty of others.

I cannot give you URL (apple delete my posts if I do) so all I can say is google for it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Hugo Velasquez

No, such controls are well outside what apple routers can manage.

Relegate the apple router to WAP and get a WNDR3800 from ebay for a few dollars or anything on the gargoyle firmware list..

I recommend the Dlink DIR-835 as good alternative.. but there are plenty of others.

I cannot give you URL (apple delete my posts if I do) so all I can say is google for it.

Mar 30, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Hugo Velasquez

If your AirPort Extreme is set up as the network router with a public WAN side IP address, you should be able to access the settings on the AirPort Extreme from virtually anywhere.

Open AirPort Utility

Click the File Menu

Select Configure Other

Enter the WAN side IP address of the AirPort Extreme

Enter the device password

That will bring up all of the settings in AirPort Utility, which will allow you to enable or disable the guest network feature, save the changes and restart the AirPort Extreme.

Can I remotely (via app) disconnect or throttle the speed of my guest network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.