Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't repair bootcamp partition

Hey I'm trying to delete my bootcamp partition. I've had bootcamp before, so I've done this many times, but this time it won't work.

When I try to delete the partition, it tells me to repair the partition. When I use Disk Utility to repair the partition, all the buttons are grayed out. What gives?

Some of the words here might be translated badly (like partition) cause my computer is in Norwegian

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 2:07 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Loner T

I don't think you understand. This happens when I'm trying to partition my disc to remove BootcampUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Translated:

The disk can't be restored to a single partition

There was an error in the verification of the filesystem. Start from restore, repair the disk with Disk Utility, and try again.

I'm not too sure about the "Start from restore" part, because it doesn't even mean anything. Start in restore/recovery mode? I've tried, the Repair Disk-button was still grey. Grey in Disk Utility too.

Can't repair bootcamp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.