Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Video's (iTunes Library)

Hi Folks,

I trust that everyone is well.

Something that has been “irking” me for some time and I was hoping there may be a practical solution to on an Apple Platform.

On the basis of “Everything Everywhere” on all Apple devices, I have been subscribed to the ITunes Match system in ITunes for
several years now.

Find it excellent in that not only are “Matched” albums and tracks available across all apple devices, but also tracks that are not
available through the iTunes store are automatically uploaded to make them so.

Video’s is a slightly different matter.

Video’s purchased through the iTunes store are available on all devices including Apple TV, however “home videos” or those videos or DVD’s
added from a personal collection is a different story.

Providing that the host computer is switched on an iTunes is opened, (not always practical) these videos can be accessed through the Home Sharing function on the network on all Apple Devices.

However, this is not always practical and there is currentlyno “Upload” function for the addition of “Home Video’s”.

So with that on mind—

Is there a practical way to ensure these videosare available on all apple devices for download, without using the Home sharing
function. I.E in the same way that iTunes match works for uploaded tracks?

Is the iCloud drive an option (pending the storage plan being large enough) and if so—

• How do I subsequently add the video’s for uploaded to iCloud Drive?
  • How do I access them on other iOS Devices and Apple TV?

2. How do I add video’s taken with iPhone/iPad? ICloud Drive is enabled for Photo upload however I don’t think it automatically
adds your video’s as well? In light of this, I want to add the videos to myiTunes library and upload as per point 1 if an option is available.

3. Minor point – Photo upload to iCloud drive fromiOS devices. How do I/Can I avoid photos being deleted from the IOS device also
being deleted from ICOUD drive. I.E can I retain them in the cloud in a simple way?

Not really interested in using other platforms like Dropbox etc, would prefer it to be an Apple platform as all the videos are in my ITunes
library, however I appreciate at this time within iTunes along there is probably not a solution to this issue that doesnt involve an external hard drive etc and makes use of cloud technology prerably from Apple?

Appreciate your help folks.

Simon.

Dell, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:06 AM

There are no replies.

Home Video's (iTunes Library)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.