Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i downloaded a fresh version of i tunes i started from scratch now i cant get all my music back in the libary from the first scan

I was having issues with iTunes so I got rid of it and downloaded a fresh copy thinking that might help. The problem comes in where I tried to reload all my music with iTunes scan. It didn't put all my music back. Does anybody know how I can reload all my music without going painstaking folder to folder.(rescan)

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:41 AM

You should be able to see your music automatically only if in iTunes Preferences -> Advanced Tab the following options are selected:

• Keep iTunes Media folder organised ( Music that is added to iTunes library is organised by artist / album )
  • Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library ( Music that is added to iTunes automatically is copied to the default folder for iTunes so it can automatically recognise it in case of install/reinstall/repair of the software

If those two options are not selected, unfortunately, you will need to locate the original destination of your music and re-add it to your iTunes library.

Also, if your iTunes library is up and running on a different computer you can just transfer it to yours and it will work with no issues whatsoever, just follow these steps: Back up your iTunes library by copying it to an external drive - Apple Support

Hope I was helpful, have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 12:41 AM in response to Musiczeverything

You should be able to see your music automatically only if in iTunes Preferences -> Advanced Tab the following options are selected:

• Keep iTunes Media folder organised ( Music that is added to iTunes library is organised by artist / album )
  • Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library ( Music that is added to iTunes automatically is copied to the default folder for iTunes so it can automatically recognise it in case of install/reinstall/repair of the software

If those two options are not selected, unfortunately, you will need to locate the original destination of your music and re-add it to your iTunes library.

Also, if your iTunes library is up and running on a different computer you can just transfer it to yours and it will work with no issues whatsoever, just follow these steps: Back up your iTunes library by copying it to an external drive - Apple Support

Hope I was helpful, have a nice day.

when i downloaded a fresh version of i tunes i started from scratch now i cant get all my music back in the libary from the first scan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.