Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem creating Bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Bootcamp 5.1

Hi all,

I have read quite a number of threads (here and elsewhere on the internet) with problems creating a Bootable USB installation for Windows 10 on OSX Mavericks. The usual response is "make sure your .ISO is unmounted". With that being said, it appears that for most users on OSX Mavericks, this alone does not fix the issue.

The specific error I get is:

"Boot Camp only supports Windows 7 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for Windows 7 or later installation."

As mentioned I have double checked that the ISO is not mounted. Anyone happen to have any solutions? Also, would creating a bootable drive from a windows machine still work with my Mac the same way it would if it was created with bootcamp?

System specs are: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, Early 2011 Macbook Pro, (MacBookPro8,3).

Cheers,

Jonathan

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 11:49 PM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 4:46 AM in response to jaybeuff

W10 is not officially supported. BC Assistant checks available software signatures on ISO images to verify that it can be used. This checking is not always 100% fool-proof, though. You are using a 2011 MBP, which is also a factor in this. One option you can try is to install an evaluation version of W8+ and then upgrade to W10. The upgrade does not require BC Assistant, once Windows is fully installed.

Problem creating Bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Bootcamp 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.