Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my MacBook Pro and now when i login in it shuts down by it's self

This morning I did a Software update on my Mac Book Pro (Security Update 2015-003 1.0), I saw the progress bar for it's installation and shortly after my laptop restarted. I typed in my password and the progress bar appeared on my screen - it loaded to about 30% before it froze for 20 minutes; I shut it off and tried to restart. But this time the progress bar loaded to 50% and then it froze so once again I waited and then pressed the power button. I waited a few hours before turning it on again, i typed my password, the progress screen appeared for about a minute as it loaded to about 40% and then it shut off. I tried it twice and the same things happen. I do not have a backup and am worried of losing data.

PS: Just to add i tried to go in to "Safe Mode" by rebooting the laptop as many of the other posts have suggested, but to no luck it just didn't work.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:56 AM

1 reply

I updated my MacBook Pro and now when i login in it shuts down by it's self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.