Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad2 is disabled and i can't restore my ipad even if i use the given steps in restoring. it just repeats and nothing happens.

First of all, i forgot my passcode then my ipad got disabled. after that i followed the given steps by apple to restore my ipad but, when i got connected to itunes and my pc is downloading the new update (IOS 8?) it stops and it says that i need to open my ipad and needs my passcode. how can i open it? this is a really big problem. i wasted about 18 hrs, just to repeat and repeat those steps but nothing happens.

PLEASE HELP ME. I'M JUST 15

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:49 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2015 4:57 AM in response to michelleph

If it's successfully in recovery mode then you shouldn't be prompted to enter its passcode.

Have you tried downloading the iOS update before doing that, when you connect the iPad to your iTunes do you get a prompt for whether to only download the update ? Or tried taking your PC offline so that it can't try to download the update and putting the iPad into recovery mode ?

my ipad2 is disabled and i can't restore my ipad even if i use the given steps in restoring. it just repeats and nothing happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.