Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print borderless 4x6 to Epson XP 820

I am running iPhoto 9.6.1 (914.42) on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.

When I go to print photos from iPhoto to my Epson XP 820, the photos look fine in iPhoto's print dialog window, but when I click print and go to the system dialog box, the print preview image changes orientation, no longer contains the entire image, and has a huge border. And that is just how it prints. I have looked through all the settings and nothing changes the outcome.

Printing from Picasa works fine. But I have the same problem as above with printing from Preview. I would like to be able to use iPhoto, but this is really frustrating.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:08 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:39 AM in response to fdhill

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

If that doesn't help the problem continue with:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #4, Rebuild Database.

User uploaded file

Can't print borderless 4x6 to Epson XP 820

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.