Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track volume on imported MIDI files stuck on default

Every time I drop a MIDI file into the GarageBand 10 the volume/pan/etc of the tracks can be adjusted, but as soon as I play the project or try to export anything it all snaps back to where they started. Other than this the files work perfectly fine; I've tried turning the automation lock off and on but it's never usually on in the first place. The only way I have around it at the moment is to publish the MIDI from the old version of GarageBand I still have on my old MacBook and THEN load it into the new GarageBand. It does the trick but it's far from an optimal solution. This may be something simple but I haven't been able to work it out thus far and to be honest, after having to practically relearn the entire program when I got an iMac last year I've just run out of patience and ideas. I'm far from an expert though so any help would be greatly appreciated!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 1:30 AM

There are no replies.

Track volume on imported MIDI files stuck on default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.