Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.

iPhoto quit unexpectedly.

Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.

I was working on my Photos Book project with ready 22 pages. But after clicking Reopen, iPhoto opens again, but my Photos Book project doesn't even reopen and repeatedly quit my whole iPhoto application. How can I fix that please?

I'm using MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), 256GB SSD (115GB free), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 MB

OS X Yosemite, ver. 10.10.2, iPhoto ver. 9.6.1 (910.42)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPhoto ver. 9.6.1 (910.42)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:22 AM

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In early versions of Library Manager it's the File -> Rebuild command. In later versions it's under the Library menu.)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 6:22 AM in response to chrasa1

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In early versions of Library Manager it's the File -> Rebuild command. In later versions it's under the Library menu.)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

iPhoto quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.