Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export both current and original photos (without dupes)

I want to export a large number of photos from iPhoto. iPhoto lets me export either the "current" version with edits, or the "original" version as imported from the camera.

Most of my photos don't have edits, but I want to export both version for photos that do. If I just run the export twice, once for current and once for original, I'll end up with a bunch of duplicate photos.

Is there a way to export all the current photos, plus the originals but ONLY when the original is different (i.e., the photo has been edited)?

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:04 AM

Export the originals for all photos.

Then create a smart album with the rule "Photo is Edited".

For the photos in this album export a full sized JPEG version of the edited photo-

User uploaded file

Added:

Kind "Current" will give you the current preview image. The quality is not as good as exporting the original. That is why I recommend to export with "Kind Original" for all photos and "Kind JPEG, Full Size, High Quality" for the edited photos to save the edited versions as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 5:04 AM in response to infoartist

Export the originals for all photos.

Then create a smart album with the rule "Photo is Edited".

For the photos in this album export a full sized JPEG version of the edited photo-

User uploaded file

Added:

Kind "Current" will give you the current preview image. The quality is not as good as exporting the original. That is why I recommend to export with "Kind Original" for all photos and "Kind JPEG, Full Size, High Quality" for the edited photos to save the edited versions as well.

Export both current and original photos (without dupes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.