Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App is stuck!!

Hello,

So one of the apps that I have got stuck in everyway. No installing, no downloading, no "waiting" and I can't event delete the app. I did do what's recommended, the restarts, sign out and sign in...etc and that didn't work. After I restarted my phone, the app's name disappeared and doesn't let me delete it 😟User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Sami K

The trick is, to do the restarts and sign outs in a particular order. To try to get everything in one shot, just try this first. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign out. Then go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Once the phone is restarted, connect back to your Wi-Fi or make sure your cellular data is working. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and sign back in. Once done try to download the app again.

If that is still a no-go, your best bet is likely back up the phone in iTunes or iCloud and erase it. To try to catch any additional errors, I would recommend restoring the phone with iTunes on a computer. Once restored, restore the backup back onto your device and see if you can get that app downloaded then, if it did not automatically.

App is stuck!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.