Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I successfully changed my Apple ID. I use it to buy products and update my apps. In system preferences on my Mac it still has my old ID and won't take my password.

I successfully changed my Apple ID. I use it to buy products and update my apps. In system preferences on my Mac it still has my old ID and won't take my password.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 4:10 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 5:19 AM in response to ailleen

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.