Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

perspective zoom stuck

on my ipad air, the perspective zoom is suddenly zoomed in .. and stuck there. i cant get at the settings icon to try and change it to normal. and when i press on ann app icon, nothing happens. ive re-started, and it makes no difference. any suggestions wud be appreciated because i cant use the ipad as it is now. thanks

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:54 AM

Double tap the screen with three fingers to return to normal size.

If the screen is frozen and doesn't return to normal do a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both fingers. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

When you return to normal go to settings> general> accessibility> zoom> off.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 5:54 AM in response to samos3

Double tap the screen with three fingers to return to normal size.

If the screen is frozen and doesn't return to normal do a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both fingers. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

When you return to normal go to settings> general> accessibility> zoom> off.

Apr 6, 2015 6:11 AM in response to samos3

I Am having the same problem about once a month. But the three-finger drag down not only doesn't reduce the screen, it makes it enlarge! I can only rectify the problem when I turn off the zoom function, which is really inconvenient. I need to zoom often, so I wind up turning zoom back on. Then a week or so later the zoom will engage automatically and I have to turn it off to make it stop.

is this going to be a prrmanent feature?

Apr 6, 2015 2:31 PM in response to Bobby Collins

You need to double tap with three fingers not drag. Try doing this, go to settings> general> accessibility> accessibility shortcut> zoom> on. Then go to settings > general> accessibility> zoom and show controller> on. Now when you need to zoom simply triple tap the home button. An onscreen button will appear. Tap that buttom for the onscreen zoom menu. To turn zoom and the button off simply triple tap the home button.

User uploaded file

perspective zoom stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.