Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac loses all Apple log-ins once a day

About once a day I have to restart my Fall 2013 27" iMac because, seemingly, every Apple app on my computer loses it's creditials/authorization. Safari will stop connecting to the internet, iMessages, FaceTime, iTunes, Mail, and the App Store will all stop functioning. When I enter in my password (correctly) it won't accept it, they all suggest that I am not connected to the internet. Then, upon restarting the computer, they all magically begin functioning again. This is super frustrating, please help!

Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 7:25 AM in response to AKHuzz85

When you have the problem, note the exact time: hour, minute, second.

These instructions must be carried out as an administrator. If you have only one user account, you are the administrator.

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Each message in the log begins with the date and time when it was entered. Scroll back to the time you noted above.

Select the messages entered from then until the end of the episode, or until they start to repeat, whichever comes first.

Copy the messages to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of it useless for solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

iMac loses all Apple log-ins once a day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.