Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text messaging issues

Text messages weren't going through. Today my text messages are going through with my email address.

iPod touch, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:27 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 6:35 AM in response to marcbrander1972

Hi marcbrander1972,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you were having an issue sending text messages from the Messages application, but now the texts are going through but showing your email address. In this situation, there are a couple of different steps that I would recommend.

First, as described in the attached article, I would advise you to check and make sure your phone number is listed in Messages.

Phone number missing on iPad or iPod touch

If your phone number isn't listed on an iPod touch or iPad, follow these steps:

1. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Verify that you're using the same Apple ID that you're using on your iPhone.
  3. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations:
    • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID with FaceTime and iMessage.

If your phone number still isn't listed, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Apple ID on all iOS devices, including your iPhone, in the following locations:
    • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
  3. When activation is complete, your Apple ID and all verified email addresses should be visible in Settings > Messages > Receive At and Settings > FaceTime.
  4. Sign in to your Apple ID on your other iOS devices.

If your phone number is present, make sure your phone number has a check mark next to it under the “Start New Conversations From” section. Please use the information in the attached article as a resource and let me know if the issue continues.

User uploaded file

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

text messaging issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.