Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 freezing when receiving a text

does anyone else's iPhone 6 freeze or lag when receiving a text?

it doesn't matter what I'm doing, whether it be texting someone else, on safari or anything else, when I'm receiving a text, my phone will always lag for a second. this is a minor problem, but an annoying one and i was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem or if it was just my phone. I've only had it about 6 weeks, but its always done it and i don't know if its just a fault with my phone. i had an iPhone 5 before and it defiantly didn't have the same problem. none of my friends with an iPhone 6 seem to have the same problem either, so is it worth getting looked at?

I'm with vodafone, would it be best just to send it back to them, or take it into an apple store?

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 2:51 PM in response to chris.berko

Hi, chris.berko.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your iPhone becoming unresponsive when receiving a text. I would recommend forcing all open applications to close and restart your iPhone. Once this is done, test to see if your iPhone responds.

Force an app to close in iOS

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

-Jason H.

iPhone 6 freezing when receiving a text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.