Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad air 2 - red screen rebooting

Hi There, I just got a brand new Ipad Air 2 - 64 Gb -

I downloaded the new IOS 8.2 right away - the first morning when I grabbed it, it caught my attention that asked for the password and it had the wording saying: need a password after ipad restart, I thought mmm maybe it restart for something who knows...

them the same day I started experiencing countless of rebooting by itself showing a momentary red screen following by apple logo and restart, sometimes did it in loops of 5 or 6 times, I forced it to restart pressing the home button + sleep button for 20secs, after that the ipad came back to normal, but it did the same few minutes after.

can somebody help me with that? is a brand new ipad lots of storage still available.

thanks

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Petroski2015

Hello Petroski2015,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your new iPad has been resetting itself sporadically. In this situation, I would recommend using the information in the attached article to help troubleshoot this issue.

If your iOS device restarts, displays the Apple logo, or powers off while you're using it - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Apr 2, 2015 7:04 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hello joe_7399,

Thank you for your comment....

But I did 2 things and not sure which one fixed the problem but it was worth it.

1st - I erased all 3 Microsoft Office apps (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and

2nd - I ran the iReboot software out of my MacBook pro to my ipad, and entered into "recovery mode" and restore the ipad.

after done those 2 things the ipad have been working flawlessly, so needless to say don't know which one worked but not planning to install MSO in the near future.

thanks

Ipad air 2 - red screen rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.