Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Maverick?

I am running Mountain lion and noticed that Maverick is missing. Is there a security problem with the operating system?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:15 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 6:34 AM in response to macfrombrampton

When Apple released Mountain Lion, it stopped offering Lion.

When Apple released Mavericks, it stopped offering Mountain Lion.

When apple released Yosemite, it stopped offering Mavericks.

While it is possible to buy a special access code for Lion and Mountain Lion, because there are a few Macs that cannot upgrade past those versions, this is not true for Mavericks. All Macs that can run Mavericks can run Yosemite, so Apple is not offering an access code.

Only people that previously purchased (aka Downloaded Mavericks) can still access Mavericks via their App Store "Purchased" tab. And of course if you downloaded and saved a copy when Mavericks was available, you still have that copy.

I ALWAYS download a copy of each Mac OS X release while it is available, and save it, even if I am not ready to upgrade, and maybe will never upgrade, just so I have it available as an future option.

Where is Maverick?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.