Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto data in my iCloud account

I recently had some major space issues with iCloud and had to spent the night cleaning out my Mac and Mail to create enough space. In doing this, I have found that 2.1Gb of my 5Gb allowance is taken up by iPhoto data, but I can't tell what this data is, where it is coming from or how to reduce it. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Below I have taken a screen shot of what I see in the Manage Storage window. To clarify, I have uninstalled iPhoto from my devices, I have sync'd and deleted all the images on my camera roll. I have deleted a bunch of photos from My Photo Stream just to check (even though all the literature says My Photo Stream does not count toward iCloud data storage). So I am at a loss, I am hesitant to delete this data without knowing what it is, but at the same time I can't find what the source is to verify that it is not something I want to keep.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 5:19 AM

So I am at a loss, I am hesitant to delete this data without knowing what it is, but at the same time I can't find what the source is to verify that it is not something I want to keep.

Did you perhaps create and Web Journals or Slideshows with iPhoto? If you did not delete any Journals Slideshows from iCloud before uninstalling iPhoto, they may still be there and taking up space.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Cant I just use my .mac name?

So I am at a loss, I am hesitant to delete this data without knowing what it is, but at the same time I can't find what the source is to verify that it is not something I want to keep.

Did you perhaps create and Web Journals or Slideshows with iPhoto? If you did not delete any Journals Slideshows from iCloud before uninstalling iPhoto, they may still be there and taking up space.

iPhoto data in my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.