Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 keeps powering off

I have an iPad 2 which worked absolutely fine until Christmas when i downloaded the ISO8 software. Since then it keeps powering off at random - when i am touching the screen or even reading a book - but seems to be when it is about 70% charged. The screen suddenly goes black and even when holding down the sleep/wake button to get the apple logo on the screen, the logo may only stay on a minute or so before the iPad powers off again. The only way i can power it back up to is to recharge to 100% at the mains. I have taken it to the apple store twice - and they say the battery is fine it is more likely to be a software glitch. On their advice i have reset to factory settings. Initially, this seemed to work for a week or so but now the problem has restarted. It is very intermittent but so frustrating since i can go for a few days with no problems and then it will start to play up. Apple have stated that if the reset didn't work, it is likely to be a hardware problem and i would be best buying a new device. I wish i hadn't downloaded the update since this seems to have been the cause of the problem. Any advice from fellow iPad owners would be much appreciated!

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:13 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad 2 keeps powering off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.