Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Discharge of battery on MacBook retina when close

my MacBook retina 13" bas a discharge of 3% in 24 h when it is off

is it it a true value

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 6:39 AM

20 replies

Mar 30, 2015 7:30 AM in response to sy bil

Hi....

If you are planning to store your macbook for over a month without using it, then its always recommended to charge your Macbook battery to the level of 50% charge. As simple as that.....

In the worst case if you store your macbook without using it for over a month with a very little charge like say 10%, then there a great chances that your macbook will go in a very deep discharge state by affecting its battery performance severely.

Mar 30, 2015 8:39 AM in response to sy bil

Are you sure it is really turned off, or is it just closed and asleep?

When really turned off with a battery at 50% as Grane says, it will keep "forever" say a year. With the charger cable disconnected, and all ports unconnected !

Even if you turn it off completely it may lose a little bit in the first minutes. It is also not realistic to extrapolate some measurements.

Lex

Mar 31, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Lexiepex

I am sorry , I wrote to quick in a foreign language

t' the issue is this: my MacBook retina 13' loose 3% every 24h

I allready left it 3 weeks power off (the right way: choosing " shut down") and it was at 15% when I came back

apple genius bar said nothing wrong with my battery but did not expressly said all MB discharge when shut down

now my guarantee has expired and I am left without knowing what to do

I cannot leave my Mac on charge for 6 weeks and if I don't ,my battery will be empty and dead for good

Discharge of battery on MacBook retina when close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.