Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent text from moving in a page?

When I'm typing a document and then remember something that I left out somewhere above in the document, massive gaps arrive and the position of the headings go out of sync with how they were and it leaves massive gaps in the text. Any suggestions on how I can stop the text from moving? I like to have all headings at the top of the page but when I enter text above the headings, they move down on the following page.

Pretty difficult problem to explain.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 12:42 PM

Not at all. I assume you have Pages 5.5.2. You haven't said.

Select a sample of the style Heading x:

Toolbar > Format > Text > More > Pagination & Breaks > check Keep with next paragraph/Start paragraph on a new page

For the other text Body uncheck Prevent widow & orphan lines

Also see if there are images with Text Wrap on that are pushing your text around. Those may be better off as Inline Images, so they move with the text.

Peter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 12:42 PM in response to ultanocallaghan

Not at all. I assume you have Pages 5.5.2. You haven't said.

Select a sample of the style Heading x:

Toolbar > Format > Text > More > Pagination & Breaks > check Keep with next paragraph/Start paragraph on a new page

For the other text Body uncheck Prevent widow & orphan lines

Also see if there are images with Text Wrap on that are pushing your text around. Those may be better off as Inline Images, so they move with the text.

Peter

How do I prevent text from moving in a page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.