Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus ios 8.2 update camera wont focus

i just recently updated my iphone 6 plus to ios 8.2 however the camera won't focus i've noticed a few people are having this same issue. what should i do ?

i've already contacted my local apple authorized dealer however they want me to go five days without my phone. do you guys see this as being reasonable

and did i mention my phone is still underwarrenty. 😕

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:17 AM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 6:40 AM in response to Therealmccoy345

Hi Therealmccoy345,

I understand the camera of your iPhone isn't performing properly. That does sound troublesome. The following article provides troubleshooting for camera issues, it may help you find a solution:

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Apr 3, 2015 9:04 AM in response to bobby_d

The problem is much more complex than is there a smudge on the lens or is your finger covering the lens. It appears to be iOS 8.2 related as the issue coincided perfectly with my upgrade to iOS 8.2 on my 6 plus. The focus is now fixed to approximately 12 inches. Landscapes are incredibly blurry. If I tap to focus the lighting box will come up but it will not focus. Reboots and changes to HDR do not fix it. Changes in mode (i.e. slo-mo, time-lapse, video) have the same problem.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

iphone 6 plus ios 8.2 update camera wont focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.