Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello. Why when I get a call on my iPhone does it ring on my wife's iPhone and vice versa

Why when I get a call on my iPhone does it ring on my wife's iPhone and vice versa

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:42 AM

1 reply

Apr 2, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Tthadley

Hi Tthadley,

It seems you are receiving calls on multiple devices. This may be due to Continuity features introduced in iOS 8. By chance, do you share an iCloud account with your wife? You can learn more about Continuity features and how to use them in this article:

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Phone calls

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Bobby_D

Hello. Why when I get a call on my iPhone does it ring on my wife's iPhone and vice versa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.