Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had tried installing windows 8.1 pro with many different solutions like using Bootcamp or using gdisk part and upgrading the disk part from hybrid to EFI also tried Using Lenevo external Optical drive which doesnt worked my internal drive is damage

I Am fed up after getting error after errors on the installation of windows 8.1 in my late 2011 MBP 15" 750 GB HDD and OSX Yosemite 10.10.2 and i am trying to install windows 8 or 7 and the error doent go away also i tried various other methods like gdisk part to make next button appear and Afte next button appear i am getting the error after the check list is done

please someone help me out i am getting paranoid in this and i am going to be a threat to society because its making me insane.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:42 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:00 AM in response to iDeepV

1. You cannot use the Lenovo external drive, because you already have a built-in SuperDrive. Get your internal drive fixed.

2. Your Mac does not support EFI Boot, because it is a PreUEFI model based on How to identify MacBook Pro models - Apple Support and the following list. If you force it with EFI boot, some of your hardware GPU/Audio will not work properly.

User uploaded file

Mar 30, 2015 9:13 AM in response to Loner T

@Lonet T thanks for replying

I am keep getting this error after the check list is complete in windows 8.1 installation.

its says" Windows can't start the next phase of installation please restart the installation"

any other methods and how can i use lenovo optical disk drive to boot windows ignoring internal optical drive.

and i had tried all ways please suggest me best possible method to install windows 8 or 7

I had tried installing windows 8.1 pro with many different solutions like using Bootcamp or using gdisk part and upgrading the disk part from hybrid to EFI also tried Using Lenevo external Optical drive which doesnt worked my internal drive is damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.