Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano 7th gen plays in docking station but not through earphones

Ipod nano 7th generation plays in docking station (via 30 pin to lightening conecter converter) but wont play through earphones

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:14 AM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2015 12:37 PM in response to mrmusicjunkie

I am assuming you mean when you disconnect the Nano.

Get a flashlight and check the headphone jack and remove any dust/debris/dirt, etc. you find. Do the same on the Lightning connector. When you insert the headset jack be sure it is all the way in, there should be no gap between the plastic on the headset jack and the body of the Nano.

Mar 31, 2015 1:01 AM in response to deggie

Thanks for your response, I checked the issues you made but unfortunately this hasn't resolved the problem. To clarify the point you raised, yes, when disconnecting the nano from the docking station and inserting the earphones, although the nano shows it is playing, no sound is emitted through the earphones. I have tried various earphones (that all work on other ipods) but these also do not work. I guess I shall have to take it for repair but at least it should be covered by warrenty.

Thanks again for your time

Ipod nano 7th gen plays in docking station but not through earphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.