Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving email requests re reconfirming billing info

I received an email from Apple_Inc<@hosticloud.com about a week ago thanking me for using the online store but need me to confirm some of my information. The email looked official with Apple trademark, etc. I did not click on their link. I checked the info that is listed for my account and it is up to date. Today I received an email from .Apple Store <noreply@applee.com> thanking me for using AppIe online store and telling me I need to reconfirm my billing data as there is some missing information. It is signed Your Friendly Advisor apple icons Scot apple icons. I did not click on the link. I am assuming that both of these emails are phishing. This last email did not appear legitimate at all. Are others receiving these? Am I correct that the first request is bogus. Is there any action that I should take? I have order software from the Apple Store within the past 6 weeks or so, and it was sent out electronically without a problem. I have not installed it.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:28 AM

There are fairly regular emails on here about them (and similar emails saying that a purchase has been made and to 'click here to request a refund if it wasn't you), it's a phishing email - forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If anybody else sees this thread and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 8:28 AM in response to sylla

There are fairly regular emails on here about them (and similar emails saying that a purchase has been made and to 'click here to request a refund if it wasn't you), it's a phishing email - forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If anybody else sees this thread and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Receiving email requests re reconfirming billing info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.