Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 "Accessory Not Supported"-No Charge

I have an iPad 2- (64 gb) that suddenly would not accept my charger, that I've used for years, with a message that the "accessory is not supported." The iPad lost power due to not accepting any charging stations. I tried multiple plugs, Apple Chargers to Belkin. Nothing. So the iPad's battery eventually died due to lack of charge. The next day I scheduled an appointment with the Genius Bar.

Yesterday at my appointment, the "Genius Bar" girl tried to plug my iPad in her charger at the table. I advised her that that was the issue, it wouldn't accept a charge after the error message came up the day before, and the battery died. Without further ado-she told me to buy a new iPad and said that it would be a waste of time to service an "old beast" of my iPad 2. She then proceeded to give me a sales pitch of all the reasons I should buy a new iPad, when I just want my old one fixed. I asked her if she could pinpoint an area, like the charging port or hardware issue that could be the problem that I could have replaced...she shook her head, No.The biggest blow came when I said I only wanted to retrieve my photos off my iPad, and she said that I could only view them off the cloud with another iPad since they won't show up in iCloud. I am at a loss.

My "beast" worked fine until this charging issue came up. The only other problem I've had in years of ownership was the latest iOS 8 update made everything glitchy with several apps crashing.

Has anyone had any luck with third-party repair places that could troubleshoot this issue, or have you had a similar experience and could offer some sound advice outside of purchasing a new device?

iPad 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:28 AM

There are no replies.

Ipad 2 "Accessory Not Supported"-No Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.