Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage is having trouble verifying my apple ID and is not signing in

i was signed in and it suddenly stopped working on my iPod 4G

<Re-Titled By Host>

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, null

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:29 AM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Espees

Greetings Espees,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having an issue signing into and using Messages. In this situation, I would recommend working through the information in the attached article. If the issue continues, please let me know exactly what alert messages you are seeing and when you see them.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Apr 3, 2015 8:38 AM in response to AppleJoe

Hi, Joe. i think this is the same problem being discussed in another thread. Re: iPod touch generation 4 iMessage won't activate. It's not an activation problem, it's a verification problem. After you sign in and choose your email address, is says verifying but then takes you back to the login screen. I have been having this problem since the end of January. I have tried all of the troubleshooting I can find with no luck. I think this is a problem on Apple's end somehow. Is messages still supported on iOS 6.1.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.