Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new version for iPhoto

when I try to open iPhoto its telling me I need the new vresion of iso,when i click brings me to another page but no download instructions or download tab

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:04 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2015 10:21 AM in response to josefromplantation

Are you asking about iPhoto on a Mac or iPhoto on an iPhone or iPad?

• If you are asking about iPhoto iOS on your iPhone/iPad, which version of iOS do you have? iPhoto is not compatible with iOS 8. If you upgraded to iOS 8, you can no longer use it on your device.
  • if you are asking about iPhoto on a Mac, we need to know your current MacOs X version. If you are using MacOS X 10.10 Yosemite, you can download iPhoto 9.6.1 from the main "Featured" page of the appStore. Move the current iPhoto version to the Trash, but don't empty the Trash, until the reinstall succeeded.

Mar 31, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Buscameby

I downloaded the upgrade then followed the instructions and the same instruction to upgrade comes up every time I try to open the app.

Are you talking about upgrading the iPhoto application or upgrading the iPhoto Library?

You have to do two things.

1. Upgrade the iPhoto application to version iPhoto 0.6.1.
  2. Upgrade the iPhoto Library to version 9.6.1.

If you are receiving upgrade instructions, you are probably upgrading from version 7.1.2 or earlier.

Then you need to download the iPhoto Library Upgrader (iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader) and install it and run it.

if you got prompted to download it, did you run the installer and then launch the installed upgrader from the folder "Applications > Utilities" and then run it and select the iPhoto Library for upgrading. Have you done that?

new version for iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.