Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google safe browsing service never updates on Safari 8.0.4

yosemite 10.10.2 safari 8.0.4 on rMBP late 2013 have had the GOOGLE SAFE BROWSING SERVICE UNAVAILABLE now for 13 days have tried the safe reboot and uncheck and recheck the option. Also deleted the plist.db as some have posted but can't get it to work.

Any suggestions? Have no Extensions at all installed. Everything is up to date...

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz 16GB Ram 512HD

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:41 AM

1 reply

Mar 30, 2015 9:13 AM in response to chevysales

Update.... just on a whim after reading about it and its use for quite some time I installed Onyx 2.95 from The Titanium web site. leaving settings at default after going thru them and reading explanation of each one.

I only used the "Cleaning" tab and ran each of the 7 buttons in that tab clicking message that comes up close after each one THEN rebooted after all 7 were run and for first time i see the safe browsing clear. Now how long it last remains to be seen but its clear now. Previously all attempts to clear it via google suggestions I mentioned above would just show the message again within 5 minutes or so. maybe there was something in a cache that wasn't being removed on regular maintenace?

Thank you

google safe browsing service never updates on Safari 8.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.