Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Logo: Display brighter on certain spots (not shining through light issues)

Hello everybody,

First of all, I am using an mid 2013 Macbook Air 13 inch.

Basicly I have an recurring problem with my screen. Basicly where the Apple logo is on the backside, parts of the screen are brighter than on the rest of the screen. This has nothing to do with light shining onto my macbook through the logo as this also happens in a pitch dark room.

I already had this problem a little bit more than half a year ago and went to my local premium reseller to get my screen replaced which indeed solved my problem. Unfortunately I got the exact same problem again and as I am already over my one year of free repairing I fear this could be very costly. Furthermore I fear that if I let my screen be changed yet again I will experience the same problem in some months again which would make my repair redundant.

Anybody experienced the same problems or has found out what could cause this?

I've attached an picture to illustrate my exact problems. You can clearly see the faulty parts of my display in the middle of the screen.

User uploaded file

Cheers,

Sebastian

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:00 AM

There are no replies.

Apple Logo: Display brighter on certain spots (not shining through light issues)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.