Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded all my music to my IPOD Classic but some of the artist/songs it does not show up in Itunes library to play? When I look at the drive the artist/songs are there

I downloaded all my music from a external hard drive to my IPOD Classic. I can see the artist/songs are showing when I look at the IPOD as a drive but when I open my Itunes Library some of the artist/songs are not listed or showing up.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:13 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2015 9:43 PM in response to sgormely61

I'm still not sure that I understand what you have done.

sgormely61 wrote:

I thought I used ITUNES by using the add file feature under menu then using the external drive to the load to the my IPOD library.

To me, that suggests that you copied the music from the hard drive to the iPod directly, as well as importing the songs into your iTunes Library. The usual method is import the songs into your Library and then use iTunes to copy them onto the iPod. Do you see the difference?

So - if the songs are not in your iTunes Library, you need to sort that out. Once you know they are in your Library, then use iTunes to put a copy onto the iPod.

I downloaded all my music to my IPOD Classic but some of the artist/songs it does not show up in Itunes library to play? When I look at the drive the artist/songs are there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.