Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect wirelessly to HP Photosmart B110a

This has been bugging me ever since a tech told me my printer will not work wirelessly with Apple products. I've been connecting it directly to MacBook Pro and iMac and it works, but true enough it has never really worked wirelessly as it should, maybe couple of times with iPad HP app, also the scanning worked.

Accordingy to HP Wireless Network Test Report everything works. Adding the printer from System Preferences works in a way, the printer shows up as Bonjour Multifunction, but when trying to add it I get this: "Setting up Photosmart B110 series" > "Unable to communicate with the printer at this time".

The same thing happens if I plug the printer to the Airport Extreme router.

I remember being able to find the printer with a browser by typing in 192.168.1.238 (from the Test Report) but that doesn't work with any Mac or PC.

Reseting the printer services at System Preferences>Printers&Scanners won't help, or doing the HP printer reset.

I'm very curious about this because I was told there is a wireless bug with this HP printer and it just cannot be fixed. Since it has the SD card lot of people just use the card to store the scans and do printing, very convinient. I have seen dozens of these with a continuous ink cartridge setups, and the complete set of XL ink cartridges can be had for about 12USD so that way it's a cheap printer to own.

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:21 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot connect wirelessly to HP Photosmart B110a

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.