Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all of a sudden my apple devices lost wifi connection

Hello,

today I experienced an odd and really annoying problem. At about 1pm my Apple devices lost the wifi connection. All of them: Two iPads (iOS 8.2), a MacMini (10.10.2 ), a MacBookPro (10.10.3 beta) and an iPhone 6 (8.2). I thought that my router (openwrt) was down, but the internet radio (wifi) worked fine, and two android devices (5.1 and CM12) had no problems, too.

As I had lunch that time i can prove that I did not change anything ;-).

Till now I changed the wifi channel, switched wifi off and on and rebooted the router - nothing helped.

Can you imagine what could make all my Apple devices disconnect from my wifi?

Thanks in advance,

Sven

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:02 AM

4 replies

Mar 30, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Sven Koesling

If you have a modem with WiFi built-in and no Other WiFi routers, it must be the modem: although you restarted it already, I propose to do it again: disconnect it from the mains, wait haf a minute, then connect it again, in the time that it starts up stop WiFi in your Apple things. When you see the modem restarted fully, activate the Wifi in say your iPhone: does it see the WiFi? If Yes: Does it ask for a password? If NO: does it connect? If yes: does it connect to internet? If No: ask for a new Modem.

Lex

all of a sudden my apple devices lost wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.