Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a real virus? Or a hoax?

User uploaded file

Hi, I the midst of completing research assignment, this message appared on my screen. I clicked "leave page", and downloaded ClamXav from the AppStore, where it said everything on my computer is fine, and there are no infected files. Can someone please tell me what this is, or what I should do about this?

I'm new to Macs, and have no knowledge about viruses, etc.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:01 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Ignore that message and leave that page. MacKeeper is the worst app you can install on a Mac, and it does not mean that you have any virus. It is just a message to force you download that app.

You should not have any problem after closing the window. If Safari carries on showing that message, tell us.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 10:01 AM in response to ldecloet

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Ignore that message and leave that page. MacKeeper is the worst app you can install on a Mac, and it does not mean that you have any virus. It is just a message to force you download that app.

You should not have any problem after closing the window. If Safari carries on showing that message, tell us.

Is this a real virus? Or a hoax?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.