Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new monitor

Hi,

After many years of using Windows laptops, I am ready to make the return to Apple! I am looking at the Macbook Air 13" and hope to max it out to 8gb of ram. My question is re: an external monitor. I have a 25" samsung which I will use as an external monitor, but am also going to get a new monitor as a primary. I was looking at the 27" Thunderbolt which is $999. But, then I came across this 34" LG:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-34UM65-34-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B00JR6GBHO/ref=cm _cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I realize 34" is pretty immense, but my thinking is the bigger the better. I'm not in graphics or anything, but I have a lot of windows open at the same time so more real estate is nice. It's also $625 compared to $999 for the smaller Thunderbolt and is very well reviewed.

My question is, is there any reason I wouldn't want to go with this monitor over the Thunderbolt? I don't care about extra Thunderbolt ports. Will the 13" Macbook Air have any issue driving the video on this montor plus the external 25"

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:12 AM

There are no replies.

new monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.