Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has stopped reacting to my finger! The screen froze and then went to sleep. I cannot wake it up or close it down.

I have an iPad Air 2.

It suddenly froze while on the main menu. I could not close it down or get it to react. I left it and it went dark. I cannot now wake it up or close it down. When I press the button, it gives two little ping noises but nothing else. It does not react to pressing wake up button at top of iPad.

Is it busted? Have I got to take to an Apple store? 😢

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:41 AM

I would try holding both buttons down on it for about 10 seconds to see if it will restart itself. By both buttons I mean the one on the top and the big one on the front/bottom.

2 replies

My iPad has stopped reacting to my finger! The screen froze and then went to sleep. I cannot wake it up or close it down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.